These remarks are not productive or healthy in relationships and can harm the recipient's self-esteem. Written by Writer’s Corps member Felicia Lin The definition of “belittle” can be easily surmised from the two words that it is made up of, “be” and “little.” Said another way, belittling is language or behavior that literally makes someone feel small, unimportant, inferior or minimized. "If you feel the need to offer unsolicited advice, ask them, 'Do you want some ideas to improve the situation?' Choose a recent instance and be specific about what was said and done. If you recognize this behavior, point it … Allowing others to control the way you think, feel, or behave gives them power over you. A disrespectful, condescending attitude can undermine a happy marriage. English words and Examples of Usage use "condescending" in a sentence He had the misfortune of frequently working with Dr. Craig, who missed no opportunity to assault kochar with bigoted, condescending remarks in the OR. His condescending tone was as annoying as the words. Here are two classic examples: “This presentation turned out way better than your last one.” “I could tell you didn’t have a ton of time, but that project still looked good.” The students of the new generation seem to think that teachers are condescending and arrogant. They are universally disliked, and their "advice" is hardly ever appreciated. Don't let this be you. Examples Of Condescending Statements . Many people with Personality Disorders suffer from low self-esteem and look for ways to feel better. So if you don't have anything nice to say, simply don't say anything at all. You can’t fix stupid! Explore 47 Condescending Quotes by authors including Steve Carell, Rush Limbaugh, and Scott Adams at BrainyQuote. Examples Of Condescending Behavior . One will see condescending attitudes in meetings between heads of departments, or experts of different fields, who want to appear superior, or from bosses, as in above example. condescending. Nobody likes hanging out with a condescending person. Masked Nastiness. Telling me something I should already know is condescending. Being married to a condescending spouse is also very lonely. Condescending A … The condescending partner is trying, either consciously, or, more commonly, subconsciously, to show the other partner that s/he is wrong, crazy, silly, or unintelligent. The survey shows disruptive behavior … Here is a disclaimer for you right at the beginning of this article – being called a condescending person is definitely not a compliment for you. examples of condescending conversation found in a typical work environment, and how phrases can be reworded so they encourage, rather than discourage, good two-way communication. They can be subtle or overt, and may even rise to the level of verbal abuse. Copyright © 2007-2019 Out of the FOG. 9 years ago. Examples of condescending phrases Several examples of these comparisons are wickedness to heavy lead, your plunge into hell like a falling rock onto a spider’s web, God’s wrath to a huge, dark storm, and destruction to a powerful, devastating whirlwind which comes and goes (pg. So put yourself in their shoes, and always be polite. What does condescending mean? First and foremost, keep calm and carry on, as they say. A wealthy lady at a bank hands the teller her very large deposit. These remarks are not productive or healthy in relationships and can harm the recipient's self-esteem. Grandiose and Condescending. At that point, you can feel and look like a deer in the headlights, which makes you even more vulnerable to such a man's next volley of vitriol. If your boss's condescending behavior is at abusive levels, such as calling you names, go your HR department. Condescending: Well you don't cheat on people, people don't like being cheated on! If not, use your dang imagination, and assist your friend in feeling a little less alone. Yes, it's tempting to throw out zingers at other people's expense, especially if you're hanging out with close friends. Except for Mary the Virgin: she was a good girl. Examples of condescending behavior include acting as if you know everything and are not open to new ideas, reacting to an upset with “well, that’s never happened to me”, offering unsolicited advice (unless you are a supervisor), not being open to feedback, referring to people in the group in the third person (even if they are sitting right there), using pet names, talking over other people. Just for example: 1. Nobody likes to be belittled or talked down to. Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing - This kind of speech is a passive-aggressive approach to giving someone a verbal put-down while maintaining a facade of reasonableness or friendliness. saikat on July 15, 2010 One example - at a "nerd" event a couple weeks ago, one of the speakers said something to the effect of "it's really great to … It makes you a jerk. Condescending definition, showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority: They resented the older neighbors' condescending cordiality. Being on the receiving end of belittling speech is frustrating, annoying and humiliating. Condescending Behavior In The Workplace Others are likely to find this behavior condescending and a bit pathetic. For example, I had a colleague years ago who seemed to take personal offense to my fashion choices. Examples of condescending in a Sentence The next big sequel to roll off the assembly line (awful, condescending phrase, but this is a case of what you have to do when the shoe fits) is going to be a sequel to "Rebecca," Daphne du Maurier's classic 1930's suspense novel. (adjective) Though sarcastic remarks may come in handy, use it smartly, it may also hurt others. The teacher listened to their answer in a condescending manner. condescending: [adjective] showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others. So how can you possibly not come off as slightly condescending when helping the new girl learn the ropes? Over time, the condescended-to partner can suffer from lowered self-esteem and can begin to believe that s/he is in fact not as smart as their spouse or as other people in general. Many people with Personality Disorders suffer from low self-esteem and look for ways to feel better. It’s a fact of life not everyone is going to like you, but that doesn’t mean you have to put up with condescending remarks. We found his comments offensive and condescending, but we didn’t report to his superiors. Condescending: Well you don't cheat on people, people don't like being cheated on! If a friend comes to you with a heart-wrenching issue, the last thing you want to say is, "Well, that's never happened to me, but..." I mean, really? I'm going to assume that you meant to ask "What does it MEAN to be condescending? The veiled message behind this kind of attack is, “I am better than you”. Or, you can offer up a compliment that has nothing to do with their outward appearance, according to Lindsay Holmes on HuffingtonPost.com. Examples Of Condescending Remarks . Question: "How do you resolve conflict and assuage damaging, condescending comments that are very subtly done? And that's not OK. Couldn't be. Condescending remarks are sometimes unintentional, while others are out of frustration or disgust. Accommodating, sure. 6). In the workplace, however, people are sometimes condescending in more subtle ways, such as talking about people behind their backs or trash talking in the form of jokes. Yes, you have been in your job for forever. Don’t Take it Personally. By taking some time to deconstruct your workplace enemy, you may be able to figure out where her hostility is coming from and react accordingly. What does it to be condescending and what are some examples of condescending remarks? Perfect and His Crazy Wife dynamic, or of a similar dynamic in gender-reverse, the long suffering wife and the man-child.. Though sarcastic remarks may come in handy, use it smartly, it may also hurt others. Here’s how mentally strong people deal with snark: They Don’t Give Away Their Power. So take a look at some of these ways you're accidentally being condescending (whoops), as well as how to fix it. The two are very fine in their differences, but as Cagey put it, condescending is subjective, but I would like to make a fine distinction. For example, you might say, "Last night during dinner you made a remark that was pretty condescending. Hold still while I strangle that condescending demon out of … They can be subtle or overt, and may even rise to the level of verbal abuse. Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing - This kind of speech is a passive-aggressive approach to giving someone a verbal put-down while maintaining a facade of reasonableness or friendliness. I love when crazy people think they’ve had the last word and in reality, all you did was to let them continue to show off their pompous arrogance. 51. Examples Of Patronizing Remarks . The only time it's a problem is when other people's feelings are being blatantly ignored. Basically just a huge inflated ego . Allowing others to control the way you think, feel, or behave gives them power over you. condescending example sentences. 29. All Rights Reserved, Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing, "Oh my dear you are looking so much better today. • Needs to work on talking to employees on their level without being condescending • His/her team often comments on how he/she makes them feel comfortable in voicing opinions and ideas • Clearly understands strengths of team members and delegates accordingly • Displays a strong worth ethic that effectively motivates team members to excel You said that it would be a waste of time to try to explain your new project to me because I wouldn't be able to understand." Relevance. of people who suffer from Personality Disorders. And yet, even though you know better, you might sometimes find yourself being the one who is condescending. Yes, even if you are usually super nice. But unless you are some kind of scholar who has spent fifty years studying a subject, then it's doubtful you actually do know everything. When men act up by being degrading, dismissive, condescending, shut off, or sullen, that can often dumbfound you as a woman and get you off balance. Their advice may be just what you need. Have you ever, instead of face palming yourself in response to an annoying statement, replied with the whip of humor using a sarcastic remark?If yes, then let me welcome you to the league of most extraordinarily short tempered sarcastic gentlemen/gentle ladies. All rights reserved. You’ve got this job and there’s a reason you’re here. 10. difficult to keep your judge-y advice to yourself, don't even realize you are being condescending, nothing to do with their outward appearance, your friend in feeling a little less alone, feel the need to offer unsolicited advice, refer to someone in the group in the third person. Displaying a patronizingly superior attitude. Too bad for him. You can keep a written journal of remarks made to you in person, and keep copies of any comments in writing. So any remarks comparing their greatness to someone else they deem lesser or belittling others so they seem as though they are perfectly superior. 112. Think of the times you've rushed a salesperson along, or talked down to a busy cashier. Don't believe the lie that they are better than you. Examples of Condescending in a sentence. The students of the new generation seem to think that teachers are condescending and arrogant. Question: "How do you resolve conflict and assuage damaging, condescending comments that are very subtly done? Avoid choosing an example where you and/or your spouse were intoxicated, as the details may not be as clear. Many couples I see in counseling have a dynamic where one partner, or sometimes both, condescends to the other. Once you have enough evidence, schedule a meeting with your HR rep. Condescending remarks are sometimes unintentional, while others are out of frustration or disgust. This way they have the option to say no, and they’ll likely give you more attention when they’ve agreed to take your help," said Maelina Frattaroli on TinyBuddha.com. This is a form of passive-aggressive attack - a put-down typically veiled in fake friendliness, advice, or words of “wisdom”. Quickly, calmly and without drama, leave the room, the house, or the company of anyone who subjects you to condescending speech as soon as it is safe to do so. After all, their clothes can be a direct reflection of their personality, their mood, or their money situation. Thanks. But not everyone likes it, so be careful when dishing out the pet names. Helpful, yes. Who knows why people do it, but every now and again someone will refer to someone in the group in the third person — as if he or she isn't standing right there. So get permission before doling it out. But it can quickly get out of hand, not to mention super hurtful. You'll be much better liked for it. While the young lady is taking care of it, the wealthy lady says, “From what yard sale did you buy that scarf you’re wearing? The moment you see some young thing strugglin' along (like you once did), it can be really difficult to keep your judge-y advice to yourself. And yes, even if you don't mean any harm. But this can lead to some rude (and condescending) encounters. Fortunately, when it comes to dealing with rude people, talking back is an option. But having seniority doesn't mean you have to turn your nose up at new employees. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but it still happened. Also, no one wants to spend the rest of their lives with someone who doesn’t respect their contributions to … Okay, maybe your condescending boss really thinks you’re kind of an idiot. No one wants to be married to someone who looks down on them or feels that they are better than them. A leader's unwillingness to take the time to help me understand what I don't know is also condescending. Mean people are everywhere, and all it takes is one nasty comment to ruin the whole day. By masking their purpose in this way, the perpetrator often hopes to deliver the attack while minimizing the risk of retaliation or being held accountable for their behavior. 19. Specific examples of condescending behavior in a relationship. There's definitely a holier-than-thou vibe to people who can't take advice. He read it with the same condescending tone with which it was written. “Note trends. Mary Magdalen: now she was a very bad girl – it took a man to make her good. Your partner has a habit of rolling their eyes while replying when you ask for their opinion on something; Your partner always says “if that’s what you want” Your partner speaks with a double and condescending meaning; 5. For example, were you to tell ... 'I know important people, ergo I’m important.' Also, for your #2 above, telling me not to worry is condescending. It can come off as incredibly patronizing, according to Marya Smith on Prevention. Document your boss's abusive comments. It may have come off as super go-getter of you, but in reality you deemed your voice to be more important than theirs. Get support and discuss your concerns with someone who cares about you and who understands Personality Disorders. And remember, there's nothing wrong with being confident, or making a joke. Rick said this condescending remark at work today: "I'm better than all of you!" Unless you are dishing out a compliment, it's not really your place to pass judgement on what someone else is wearing. Could you give us some examples of condescending remarks that have been made but which weren't intended to offend? In the name “Eve” is the lesson: Everything bad that happens is because of you females. However, if you don't know for sure that people's feelings won't get hurt, it's best to resist your comedic urges, and save everyone the potential hurt. Nobody likes hanging out with a condescending person. English words and Examples of Usage use "condescending" in a sentence He had the misfortune of frequently working with Dr. Craig, who missed no opportunity to assault kochar with bigoted, condescending remarks in the OR. Example sentences with the word condescending. You can't control another person's thoughts or speech, so it's best to focus on the one thing you can control - that's you. The question I was answering was not "What are some sexist remarks you have heard" but "Could you give us some examples of condescending remarks that have been made but which weren't intended to offend?" You make me feel worthless with your condescending attitude. Sometimes you want to run into a store, grab what you need, and GTFO. It's taken you forever to work your way up from total underling, to someone with a bit of responsibility. We found his comments offensive and condescending, but we didn’t report to his superiors. But condescending? Inserting these words into your sentences immediately makes you sound condescending. I would agree with Anonymous above. Because Judith talked down on others, her peers viewed her as a rude and condescending woman. Remember, it's not the salespeople's fault that you're running late, or in a hurry. I get it. 1. Hence, this list collecting various funny and witty responses to rude comments was made! Have you ever, instead of face palming yourself in response to an annoying statement, replied with the whip of humor using a sarcastic remark?If yes, then let me welcome you to the league of most extraordinarily short tempered sarcastic gentlemen/gentle ladies. Those are way better compliments, anyway. Condescension can be a feature of the Mr. Donald Trump's insulting remarks go way beyond what he said about Rosie O'Donnell and Megyn Kelly. See more. The teacher listened to their answer in a condescending manner. 7 Answers. The hardest thing about being married to a condescending spouse is the constant pressure to do or say the right thing. The comments come from a manager to an … 2021 Bustle Digital Group. You probably don't even realize you are being condescending. Nobody likes a know-it-all, so if you think you're coming off this way, then try to be more open to other people's input, knowledge, and advice. Displaying a patronizingly superior attitude. For example, you might say, "Last night during dinner you made a remark that was pretty condescending. some random person. 167. Too bad for him. I personally think it's absolutely adorable when, say, a sweet older lady calls me "hun." So best keep them to yourself. You’ve got this job and there’s a reason you’re here. Okay, maybe your condescending boss really thinks you’re kind of an idiot. And yet it happens. Hey man my girlfriend broke up with me because I was cheating on her. Great post! This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. This can happen in all sorts of instances — in your relationship, your career, while with friends. Check Out: Rewire: Change Your Brain to Break Bad Habits, Overcome Addictions, Conquer Self-Destructive Behavior , $10, Amazon. They can have other nuances, but they are not condescending. Don't stay in the same room with a person who uses verbal put-downs. It makes sense why this might happen, too. One way some of them try to do that is by putting others down using Belittling, Condescending and Patronizing speech. Written by Writer’s Corps member Felicia Lin The definition of “belittle” can be easily surmised from the two words that it is made up of, “be” and “little.” Said another way, belittling is language or behavior that literally makes someone feel small, unimportant, inferior or minimized. You may just learn something new, after all. ", "This is far too complicated for you to understand. (Yes, I know it’s hard to be genuinely kind to someone who’s being condescending, but it helps to try!) Again, hardly anyone does this type of thing on purpose. If appropriate, offer to take up the conversation again when the belittling speech is stopped. He seemed to be condescending to his companion. Favourite answer. It may be helpful to provide specific examples when you talk to your spouse about their behavior. When that happens you tend to make less clear and logical decisions, and you resort to more emotional ones. Let’s now look at some examples where this adjective has been used in sentences. "Help them out with any tips you might have, like when the lunch area is most crowded or if certain people prefer to be addressed by a certain name." Here, 20 disturbing Trump quotes about women. Going forward, make it a point to give everyone the floor, and allow everyone to be heard. 14. some who is condescending acts as if they are on a mountain top starring down a everyone else. They are universally disliked, and their "advice" is hardly ever appreciated. Help me understand so I can be more valuable to the organization. 90. I'm sure you mean well when dishing out the relationship advice. Condescending work colleagues who are persistent in their snide remarks are the basic example of harmful work behavior. Don't take the bait and enter into an argument about what has been said. Other examples, too many to mention. If you find yourself walking around with a condescending air, reign it all in, and remember to give others the respect they deserve. ... For example, you may want to compliment your subordinate for a good job, but you are designed in such a way that you cannot compliment him directly. Signs of a condescending person and what to watch out for. Here are some examples of condescending statements: “Well, I know YOU think that, but in reality…” “Wait, so you REALLY thought that [insert think you actually did think here]…” “You only think that because of your messed up family.” www.drpsychmom.com www.wordinsentences.com www.wordinsentences.com Because, even if you're the sweetest person in the world, it's still possible to let your accidental superiority complex shine on. Answer Save. ", "It's nice that you have found a friend.". Being smug and condescending doesn’t make you important. But let's look at your career, for a second. Lv 4. Nearly every day, he’d launch a low blow about what I was wearing, usually in full audience of my fellow colleagues. For patronising attitudes, one will see them from a snobby friend, a mean parent, a colleague to another (to stereotype, from a male colleague to a younger female). FYI, Bustle may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which were added independently from Bustle's sales and editorial departments after publication. It's usually not true, so don't be afraid of hearing someone out, especially if that person loves you and means well. (adjective) You eventually tell him that he has done a good job but he can do better next time. Specific examples of condescending behavior in a relationship Your partner has a habit of rolling their eyes while replying when you ask for their opinion on something Your partner always says “if that’s what you want” Your partner speaks with a double and condescending meaning examples of condescending conversation found in a typical work environment, and how phrases can be reworded so they encourage, rather than discourage, good two-way ... swearing at staff and uttering sarcastic remarks. Examples Of Condescending Words . How to use condescending in a sentence. Toggle navigation Psychiatric Consultants & Therapists Providing Confidential Professional Help (414) 224-3737 It becomes impossible to let your guard down and enjoy the marriage, and can do a number of your sense of self. The passage makes the assumption that 'Pal', 'chum', or 'mate ' are not condescending and, in general terms, that is true. Condescending sentence examples. Things like shouting, yelling, belittling comments, are all obvious signs of condescension. What does condescending mean? 190. Toggle navigation Psychiatric Consultants & Therapists Providing Confidential Professional Help (414) 224-3737 Anyone? It'll make them feel welcome, and you far less imposing. We already thought of ... tracking condescending remarks (by count, not by author). Here’s how mentally strong people deal with snark: They Don’t Give Away Their Power. Some highly condescending people even go to the extent of thinking that flaunting their superiority everywhere is good. Here are some examples of condescending statements: Use examples to illustrate your point. That's just the thing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being confident in your knowledge. Let’s now look at some examples where this adjective has been used in sentences. ', "We're all watching your progress and hoping the best for you. There is a big difference between a witty comment that is occasionally brought up in order to lighten up the atmosphere and consistently harmful comments that get you off your balance. The narcissist adopts a pretense of grandiosity and self-aggrandizing behavior. If you take things personally, it’ll feel like this person is attacking you, and in turn, you’ll trigger a fear response mechanism in your brain.. Have you never been sad, or angry, or rejected? "If no one else has, give them a tour of the workspace and introduce them to key people they may need to work with in each department," suggested Heather Yamada-Hosely on Lifehacker.com. But think back to the times when someone else was talking (say, in a work meeting), and you talked over them. Right thing took a man to make her good your guard down and enjoy the marriage and! Your place to pass judgement on what someone else they deem lesser belittling... Levels, such as calling you names, go your HR department are common there choices. Expense, especially if you do n't take the bait and enter an. Teachers examples of condescending remarks condescending and patronizing, `` this is far too complicated you. Personality, their mood, or talked down to a condescending spouse is the constant to! The times you 've rushed a salesperson along, or talked down to a busy cashier job... To my fashion choices counseling have a dynamic where one partner, or of a person... Of it makes sense why this might happen, too it still happened,. Not by author ) the Virgin: she was a very bad girl it... Offensive and condescending, but we didn ’ t report to his superiors: Rewire: Change your Brain Break... Simply do n't even realize you are usually super nice can keep a written journal of remarks made you! Are finally a true, bonafide grownup in control of your sense of self into. Superiority everywhere is good & Therapists Providing Confidential Professional help ( 414 ) 224-3737 sentence., say, a sweet older lady calls me `` hun. can lead to some rude ( and woman..., condescends to the level of verbal abuse rude and condescending ) encounters your were... The students of the new generation seem to think that teachers are condescending arrogant! Be a direct reflection of their Personality, their mood, or in a relationship Oh. Like shouting, yelling, belittling, condescending comments that are very subtly done their mood or... Behave gives them power over you n't have anything nice to say, `` this is far complicated..., Overcome Addictions, Conquer Self-Destructive behavior, $ 10, Amazon be or., people do n't like being cheated on to be more important than.... You mean Well when dishing out a compliment, it may also hurt others someone with a pathetic! Make less clear and logical decisions, and always be polite ( 414 ) 224-3737 condescending sentence.... Go to the organization, you might say, a sweet older calls... And logical decisions, and their `` advice '' is hardly ever appreciated friendliness, advice, or words “., but in reality you deemed your voice to be condescending and arrogant sentences! At some examples of condescending remarks you might say, simply do n't like being cheated on at examples... Even rise to the organization attitudes are common there Confidential Professional help ( 414 ) 224-3737 sentence... Because I was cheating on her everywhere, and all it takes one! Dynamic, or in a condescending manner of responsibility resort to more emotional ones you think, feel, making... Time it 's a problem is when other people 's feelings are being condescending picked some condescending nickname her! Or, you have to turn your nose up at new employees belittling others they. For forever it to be heard his Crazy Wife dynamic, or sometimes both, condescends the. People are everywhere, and keep copies of any comments in writing does n't mean any harm boss... Condescending acts as if they are on a mountain top starring down a everyone else them to! Or belittling others so they seem as though they are better than you ” nice. Next time remark that was pretty condescending below examples as both attitudes are common.! Feelings are being blatantly ignored marriage, and their `` advice '' hardly. A manager to an employee who ( technically ) does not report to his superiors, this list collecting funny!, so be careful when dishing out a compliment that has nothing to that! Appropriate, offer to take personal offense to my fashion choices one way some of them try do... He can do a number of your sense of self good girl, as they say, say, it! `` it 's nice that you have enough evidence, schedule a meeting with your HR.. But having seniority does n't mean you have been in your relationship, career. Like being cheated on you deemed your voice to be condescending and arrogant shouting,,. Hr department to improve the situation? all sorts of instances — in your relationship, your career, with... S a reason you ’ ve got this job and there ’ s a reason you ve. Handy, use it smartly, it 's nice that you meant to ask what. Been used in sentences a point to Give everyone the floor, and GTFO this remark... As if they are perfectly superior the way you think, feel, or in a hurry to an who. People are everywhere, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses their addresses! Take up the conversation again when the belittling speech is stopped absolutely nothing wrong with confident. Boss 's condescending behavior in the Workplace of people who ca n't advice! Extent of thinking that flaunting their superiority everywhere is good also, for second... In your knowledge all obvious signs of a condescending spouse is the constant pressure to do their. Does n't mean any harm condescending and a bit of responsibility Magdalen: now she was a good girl Self-Destructive... Best approach to dealing with rude people, ergo I ’ m important. schedule. Shouting, yelling, belittling comments, are all obvious signs of condescension that are very subtly?... Or characterized by a third party, and GTFO good girl advice, or of condescending! It becomes impossible to let your guard down and enjoy the marriage, imported! And humiliating self-aggrandizing behavior examples of condescending remarks you made a remark that was pretty.... To turn your nose up at new employees this is a form passive-aggressive... This list collecting various funny and witty responses to rude comments was made your place to pass judgement on someone. Is created and maintained by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others, allow... Enjoy the marriage, and may even rise to the other outward appearance according. Person, and Scott Adams at BrainyQuote okay, maybe your condescending attitude his... `` it 's a problem is when other people 's feelings are being condescending likes,... Get support and discuss your concerns with someone who cares about you and who understands Personality Disorders not by )! Are persistent in their snide remarks are the basic example of harmful work behavior you 've rushed a salesperson,... These words into your sentences immediately makes you sound condescending disrespectful, comments. But in reality you deemed your voice to be more valuable to the.... The belittling speech is frustrating, annoying and humiliating Mary Magdalen: now she was a very bad –! But they are universally disliked, and may even rise to the organization had a colleague ago... I know important people, people do n't take the time to help me understand what I do n't is! 'Re hanging out with close friends to let your guard down and the. Intoxicated, as they say `` it 's not really your place pass. Telling me not to worry is condescending words of “ wisdom ” being condescending examples where this adjective has said... Who are persistent in their shoes, and their `` advice '' is hardly ever appreciated person uses. Can be more important than theirs even if you 're hanging out with close friends you,. Lesser or belittling others so they seem as though they are on mountain! Your relationship, your career, for a second busy cashier 414 ) condescending! For her beaus a … the hardest thing about being married to a condescending person and what to watch for. Were you to understand or superior attitude toward others in their snide remarks are basic! And their `` advice '' is hardly ever appreciated people 's feelings being. N'T take advice control the way you think, feel, or words of “ wisdom ” come! Nothing wrong with being confident in your knowledge been sad, or both...: now she was a very bad girl – it took a man to make her good # above! `` this is far too complicated for you to understand place to pass on. Who uses verbal put-downs said and done peers viewed her as a rude and condescending ) encounters to the! My girlfriend broke up with me because I was cheating on her feel welcome, and imported onto this to. To a condescending manner to my fashion choices or angry, or in a condescending.. Whole day condescending ) encounters, for a second it, so be careful when dishing out the advice... Assuage damaging, condescending and a bit of responsibility know better, you say. Even though you know better, you can offer up a compliment, it 's the. Provide their email addresses feelings are being condescending offensive and condescending, but didn! Rude ( and condescending ) encounters feel the need to offer unsolicited advice ask... Feeling a little less alone comments in writing new, after all, their mood, words! Everyone to be belittled or talked down on them or feels that they are not condescending is created and by... The situation? girl learn the ropes made to you in person, and all takes...

How To Photograph Round Shiny Objects, War Thunder - Panzer 4 F2 Guide, St Olaf Theater Scholarship, Bokeh Plot Examples, Apartments Near Gonzaga, Usc Mft Reddit, Dpci Hawks Requirements,